Jamie Oliver, Young’s launch frozen range
By SeafoodSource staff
17 August, 2011
Celebrity chef Jamie Oliver is partnering with Young’s Seafood to launch his own frozen fish range using sustainable alternatives to species like cod and haddock.
The Jamie Oliver by Young’s range features Marine Stewardship Council-certified pollock fish fingers and crispy salmon & pollock fishcakes and goes on sale nationwide next month.
“Fish is delicious and good for you but, as most of us know, we need to be careful about overfishing. What I’ve done with my range by Young’s is focused on delicious, convenient favorites like fish cakes and fish fingers but I’ve made sure we’re using sustainable fish so the mums and dads can buy a great product with no nasties,” said Oliver.
“There might be people saying, ‘Why has Jamie gone into frozen?’ My fish with Young’s is frozen within a matter of hours of being caught – at its best – locking in all that fantastic flavor, no mucking about as usual. I’ve been all over the recipes making sure we’re using chunks of fish and not minced fish. It’s about making simple, delicious food accessible and affordable without compromising on the environment.”
In addition to Alaska pollock and salmon, North Sea whiting is being used for the products.
The full range includes:
• 2 crispy salmon & pollock fish cakes with a hint of basil & Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
• 2 crispy pollock fish cakes with oozy Cheddar cheese & juicy sweetcorn
• 2 crispy pollock fish cakes with a sprinkling of chives & a dash of cream
• 2 crispy smoked whiting & pollock fish cakes with oozy Cheddar cheese & spinach
• 2 crispy salmon fish cakes with zesty lemon, fresh parsley & a little kick of chilli
• 4 mini crispy pollock fish cakes with oozy Cheddar cheese & juicy sweetcorn
• 4 mini pollock fish cakes with crunchy parsley breadcrumbs
• 4 mini salmon & pollock fish cakes with a splash of lemon & a hint of parsley
• Pollock fish pie with chunks of wild Alaska pollock fillet& juicy peas in a creamy cheese sauce, topped with a carrot & potato mash
• Salmon fish pie with chunks of wild Alaska salmon fillet and broccoli in a creamy cheese sauce, topped with a smooth potato mash
• Salmon & pollock fish pie with chunks of wild Alaska salmon and pollock, juicy sweetcorn and tasty spinach in a creamy cheese sauce, topped with sweetcorn and potato mash
• Fish fingers made with 100 percent Alaska pollock fillets, wrapped in a naturally golden crumb
17 August, 2011