Benchmark Manager (Full-Time)
Global Sustainable Seafood Initiative (GSSI)
Haarlem Area, Netherlands
- GSSI Office, Haarlem, The Netherlands
- June 1st, 2019
- Oversee and manage the GSSI Benchmark Process, including ongoing monitoring of alignment
- Oversee and manage the development of the Global Benchmark Tool V.2.0
- Be responsible for the quality assurance of the GSSI Benchmark Process
- Continuously improve the GSSI Benchmark Process and administration
Oversee multiple Benchmark Processes simultaneously and ensure they run efficiently and effectively;
- Introduce applicant schemes and new partners of GSSI to the Global Benchmark Tool;
- Coordinate Independent Experts and Benchmark Committee Members to conduct the benchmark research and revision;
- Support resolution of technical issues by acting as liaison between the schemes, Independent Experts and Benchmark Committee Members;
- Plan and facilitate regular meetings between all stakeholders involved in the process;
- Prepare reports (namely the benchmark reports) and other communication pieces for external and internal audiences;
- Organize public consultations on benchmark reports;
- Coordinate the Monitoring of Continued Alignment processes and trouble shoot/amend as necessary.
Manage the development of the Global Benchmark Tool 2.0
- Manage the global multi-stakeholder process to revise the Global Benchmark Tool v 1.0 and develop the Global Benchmark Tool v 2.0;
- Oversee the coordination of the GSSI Expert Working Groups who will inform the content/indicator updates;
- Oversee the review and revision of the Benchmark Process and updating of the Benchmark Manual.
- Develop and oversee training of Independent Experts and Benchmark Committee Members on the GSSI Global Benchmark Tool and the related Benchmark Process;
- Develop and update training materials (for v 1.0 and 2.0).
Communication and Representation
- Draft regular benchmarking updates and presentations for the GSSI Steering Board and Executive Committee meetings;
- Represent GSSI at international conferences and events.
- Arrange contracts for applicant schemes
- Arrange contracts for Independent Experts;
- Oversee financial administration of the benchmark process.
- A minimum of 5 years work experience;
- Masters degree, or equivalent, in relevant discipline (sustainability, aquaculture and marine resource management, environment and/or social science);
- Proficient in business English;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Pro;
- Excellent project management skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- The capability to explain complex information simply and clearly;
- The ability to network and establish and manage relationships with clients, consultants and other external stakeholders;
- Employee management experience as you will need to manage an intern and possibly a Junior Benchmark Manager;
- Ability to deliver projects within agreed budgets;
- Good understanding of certification systems, auditing and quality assurance programs;
- Research and analytical skills;
- Punctual, yet flexible
- Meticulous and attentive to detail;
- Resourceful and independent;
- Willing to learn;
- A basic understanding of GSSI, its mission and the seafood sector.
What We Offer
We offer a dynamic, supportive and start-up working culture in which you will receive training on certification, accreditation, GSSI’s Global Benchmark Tool and the workings of the seafood industry more broadly. You will join seven colleagues in a sun-filled office in Haarlem and have the opportunity to work, and network with, stakeholders and seafood industry professionals from across the globe. International travel will be required approx. 3 - 6 times per year.
If this opportunity sounds appealing to you, please apply by sending your cover letter and CV to [email protected], addressing Herman Wisse, Managing Director. All applications will be treated with the highest level of discretion and will be accepted until May 3rd, 2019.
The Global Sustainable Seafood Initiative (GSSI) provides a global, multi-stakeholder platform for collaboration and knowledge exchange to address sustainability challenges that have an environmental, economic and social impact.
The Global Benchmark Tool
GSSI’s Global Benchmark Tool provides formal recognition of seafood certification schemes that successfully complete a rigorous and transparent benchmark process, which is underpinned by the FAO Guidelines and covers four performance areas: scheme governance, operational management (including chain of custody), aquaculture certification standards, fisheries certification standards.