National Sales Representative - Seafarers Inc.
National Sales Representative
Exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing company with an established brand in the Seafood Industry!
Seafarers Inc. is a Miami based processor, importer, and marketer of high quality fresh and frozen seafood. Since its establishment in 1999, the Seafarers brand has become highly recognizable due to its vastly diversified product line. The company currently deals with over thirty-four different species in both fresh and frozen form, most notably Tuna, Snappers, Groupers, Mahi, Swordfish, Atlantic Salmon, and Crab Meat. An extensive distribution network consisting of wholesalers, food service distributors, and restaurant and retail chains, covers the United States, Canada, Caribbean Islands, and Central and South America.
The National Sales Representative is responsible for acquiring, developing, cultivating, and selling to new and existing accounts across key markets in the seafood industry: Wholesale, Foodservice Distributors, Retail Chains, Restaurant Chains, and Export. The individual will take a consultative approach to selling focusing on exceptional customer service and following company sales strategies to meet required objectives.
Summary of Key Responsibilities/Job Functions:
- Manage existing accounts, drive and grow new sales and distribution.
- Prospect, close, and manage new accounts throughout all distribution channels.
- Set appointments, present products, follow-up.
- Sell to national and international wholesalers, foodservice distributors and restaurant/retail chains.
- Provide exceptional customer service and account development, build relationships and earn the trust and loyalty of customers.
- Market the Seafarers and Saltwater brand of products in new and existing regions.
- Some travel required.
- Bilingual preferred (a plus not required).
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of sales experience.
- Experience in the wholesale, foodservice, and restaurant/retail chain - distribution channels.
- Knowledge of import/export, commodity markets, and supply chain is helpful.
- Existing relationships and contacts in the seafood industry highly preferred.
- Strong selling skills, high level of integrity, dedication and desire to succeed.
- Entrepreneurial drive, ability to work as part of a team or independently.
- Outgoing and energetic, assertive, have a good personality and be persuasive.
- All successful candidates will be well-organized, self-motivated, detail oriented and able to communicate effectively with clients, customers and the general public.
- Must be comfortable in a multi-cultural office environment.
- Work experience with 5+ years preferred.
We offer a base salary and commission commensurate with experience.
Please send all resumes to [email protected]