Operations Manager – Global Aquaculture Alliance
At the Global Aquaculture Alliance (GAA), our mission is to promote responsible aquaculture practices through education, advocacy and demonstration. For over 20 years, we have demonstrated our commitment to feeding the world through responsible and sustainable aquaculture. GAA’s Best Aquaculture Practices (BAP) certification is the world’s most trusted, comprehensive and proven third-party aquaculture certification program. Through the BAP certification program, we’ve been improving the environmental, social and economic performance of the aquaculture supply chain and growing the global supply of responsibly farmed seafood. GAA is recruiting an Operations Manager to join our team. The Operations Manager is responsible for day to day operations of the Best Aquaculture Practices (BAP) new certification & recertification program to include operational performance, customer service, internal/external stakeholder engagement, KPI achievement, timely tracking and reporting, Quality Management System duties.
Areas of Responsibility
- Manage the workflow, technical and software requirements to accurately trigger facility invoicing and prepare quotations for both new and recertification facilities, clusters, groups and special program enhancements for the Specialists team.
- Review and approve Certification Body (CB) auditor competence, performance, billing and make key decisions/approvals to facilitate/assist Certification bodies to schedule and perform audits, technical reviews and certification decisions.
- Manage the workflow, technical and software requirements of the Specialist team to manage, support, problem solve and assist them to meet the timelines of all new certifications and re-certifications in their region or specialty area.
- Manage the workflow, technical and software requirements of the Certification Body (CB) coordinator to allocate facilities, track KPIs, manage, support, problem solve for CBs to meet the timelines of the 3rd party certification process.
- Manage the workflow, technical and software requirements of the Certification Coordinator to manage, problem solve and assist with the facility pipeline and continuously support the Market Development team stakeholders.
- Prepare or analyze weekly certification tracking and operations KPI reporting reports for submission to Senior Leadership. Review monthly financials and budget variances and provide support for future budget setting.
- Maintain communication with CB’s to monitor allocations, scheduling, billing, technical decisions, certification progress and certificate completion.
- Organize and participate in twice annual CB forum meetings, periodic CB Office audits, annual CB remote audits and related face-to-face meetings with CBs.
- Attend and participate in multiple scheduled conference and seminar events, including booth support of and attendance in customer/stakeholder meetings.
- Liaise with other departments, particularly Market Development, to drive performance in certification programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field as well as four to six years in a managerial role, and four to six years in operations management and customer service.
- Demonstrated proficiency in customer service and operations management.
- Experience in third party certification, preferably in the seafood industry.
- Demonstrated ability to manage to deadline and budget targets.
- Ability to effectively manage a diverse team of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally approximately 15% of time.
- Superior organizational, customer service and project management skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy of data and ability to analyze and communicate information.
- Ability to act with professionalism, project optimism and respect for individual differences and perspectives to foster workplace cohesiveness.
GAA is headquartered in Portsmouth, NH. We offer a collaborative and fun work environment, competitive compensation and benefits, and the opportunity to be part of a great team in a mission driven organization. Apply at https://www.indeed.com/job/operations-manager-f3e6b0e778640ec7 or email Belinda Braley, Human Resources at [email protected]
GAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.