Sales Director - New England Wholesale Fish & Lobster, Inc.
New England Wholesale Fish & Lobster, Inc.
Florida’s Premiere Wholesale Seafood Supplier
New England Wholesale Fish & Lobster is proud to be a leader in Florida’s vast seafood market with 35 years in the business. We are the largest family owned wholesale seafood supplier in Florida, providing personal service and attention to detail to every customer which separates us from our competition. We equally provide the same level of service to serve single restaurants, hotels, large-chain restaurants, country clubs, yachts, food trucks and more. HACCP certified with a fully integrated and monitored sanitation system, we have over 3600 square foot of combined refrigerated fresh fish cutting room and cooler, a 20,000-pound capacity live lobster pound, and 1500 square foot freezer all continually monitored for the safest environment and freshest product available.
The Director of Sales will oversee and lead the activities of the Sales Department.
- Hires and trains inside and outside sales staff.
- Organizes and oversees the schedules, territories, and performance of sales staff.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Provides leadership to coach and motivate Inside and Outside sales team.
- Motivates and encourages sales team to ensure quotas are met.
- Reviews and analyzes sales and operational records and reports; uses data to project sales, determine profitability and targets, and identify potential new markets.
- Identifies and analyzes customer preferences to properly direct sales efforts.
- Assigns territories and sets quotas for sales teams.
- Consults with potential customers to understand their needs; identifies and suggests products that will meet those needs.
- Resolves customer complaints, staffing problems, and other issues that may interfere with efficient sales operations.
- Collaborates with executive leadership to develop sales quotas and strategies.
- Prepares sales budget; monitors and approves expenses.
- Acts as company representative at trade association meetings.
- Determines, tracks, and manages annual gross profit commission plans.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in industry events.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent sales and customer service skills with proven negotiation skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, QuickBooks, Inventory Software or related software.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong influence abilities and high level of integrity.
- Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Business Administration, or related field, OR
- Comparable record of sales leadership experience required.
- At least three years of sales experience required.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Able to work in a cold environment.
NEWFL is located in sunny Stuart, FL. We offer a fast pace and exciting work environment that is the seafood industry. We are a team-based company where everyone chips in to get the job done. This position offers an annual base salary, incentive opportunities, comprehensive health and welfare benefits, 401(k) with Safe Harbor match available. To apply please email your resume and cover letter to Susie LeClair, Director of HR & Finance, [email protected]. Please detail your sales experience, salary requirements, software experience, and seafood knowledge within your cover letter.