Scallop Product Specialist - True North
True North Seafood is Cooke's consumer brand with a premium positioning in North America, both in retail and foodservice. True North Seafood is the go-to brand for trusted seafood – our main priority is to bring our consumers closer to the source.
As a global seafood company, Cooke has operations in North America, Europe, and South America. Our company’s success is driven by our dynamic, highly skilled, and innovative management team, supported by dedicated employees who live in coastal communities and contribute to the local area’s economy and sense of community.
Scallop Product Specialist
Reporting to the Director of Global Supply, the Scallop Product Specialist will be fully responsible for the scallop portfolio, serve as the scallop subject matter expert, and be the vital link between the global supply chain, sales, operations, marketing, and new product development. The preferred hub for this role is New Bedford MA, Suffolk VA, Saint John NB Canada, or Dartmouth NS Canada, with consideration for a hybrid working arrangement.
- Act as the link between all functional areas of the scallop supply chain, including harvest, processing, logistics, marketing, and selling
- Develop the market segmentation strategy for the scallop portfolio in the North American market
- Oversee the forecasting process, manage inventory volumes, and report on sales performance for the scallop category
- Lead the development of the North American scallop pricing strategy and provide input to pricing decision makers
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the global competitive landscape for the scallop category, including knowledge of supply, demand, product offerings, and pricing fluctuations
- Participate in sales calls and customer presentations
- Work with the marketing team to develop educational content, sales tools, and customer presentations for the scallop category
- Prepare analysis and develop recommendations for scallop market opportunities
- Act as the internal advocate for the scallop portfolio, sharing market knowledge, building species knowledge internally, and profiling the category
- Lead the go-to-market plan for scallop product launches in North America
- Lead all scallop initiatives across the business
This exciting new role has been developed to ensure that we meet our customer’s needs and expectations while strengthening our position and volumes with customers across North America.
- 8+ years of experience working in a seafood company or an environment where you would have had broad exposure to seafood
- Analytical, solution-oriented mindset with problem solving skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office acumen (excel, word, power point)
- Understanding of pivot tables, proforma financials, and modeling scenarios
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player, the ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and management
- Global travel will be required
The role description is just one part of the story. This is your opportunity to grow, to work within the parameters of the role but to reach your fullest potential.
We are a team that is driven to succeed. We count performance, we reward contribution, and we recognize talent.
It is about being at the centre of a global leader in seafood and knowing you are an important part of that growth.
The ability to bring your passion for learning, desire for growth and energy for moving your career forward is what we offer.
Why Cooke? Simple – we are a company that rewards initiative, resourcefulness, and work ethic. We will champion your growth and provide you with the platform to create your path, your career, and your future.