Senior Program Officer, Oceans Markets - 22083
World Wildlife Fund (WWF), one of the world’s leading conservation organizations, seeks a Senior Program Officer, Oceans Markets.
The SPO-Oceans Markets leads the development and execution of multiple programs targeted at building market-based engagement with industry to mitigate impacts on ocean health, resilience, and productivity. This position will manage 3-4 oceans corporate partnerships while implementing strategies for cross-partnership impact and outreach. This position will be responsible for managing current partnerships, as well as heavily focused on building new ones. The SPO-Oceans Markets will be responsible for planning, managing, communicating, implementing, monitoring and improving program priorities and activities as associated with the noted major areas of focus. As a Senior level contributor in Oceans Markets the SPO presents and represents WWF in different Oceans Markets forums and meetings with partners, corporate representatives, country directors and donors (WWF, Network, national and global stakeholders).
- Responsible for implementing initiatives in support of WWF US’s Oceans Markets Team. Through this process, strategically engages with local network offices, industry, local NGOs, and foundation partners to devise and implement in market programs.
- Works to build and manage three to four corporate partnerships at a global scale including: partnership design, implementation, staff engagement, monitoring and evaluation related initiatives and activities, as well as development and execution of annual workplans. Develops strategic work-plan for multi-partnership leverage and engagement. Develops workplans for supporting Oceans Markets outcome goals.
- Develops and implements strategic communications workplan the WWF US Oceans Markets initiatives as well as supporting communications needs for WWF US Oceans Markets team. Ensures development of transformational and influential content. Works across the Oceans team to strategize and implement efficient and more impactful industry messaging and engagement.
- Researches and develops fundraising proposals for both private sector partnerships and foundations for specific international market projects and business case initiatives. Prepares and finalizes scopes of work, budgets, and administrative information for contracts and to ensure compliance with donor requirements. Engages with donors on relevant proposals.
- Reviews the performance outcomes and status of all activities and evaluates and reports these results, as well as recommendations for corrective action. Travels to project sites to monitor and evaluate project progress and reports back, verbally and in writing. Supervises consultants in their work toward project and program goals and objectives.
- Monitors and analyzes new technical information, policy development issues, and trends related to the program and advises others accordingly. Keeps abreast of issues in areas in which WWF has an ongoing interest. Responsible for acquiring and gathering data relevant to specific conservation projects from conservation peers, governmental agencies, and universities.
- Supports ensuring alignment across WWF US Oceans, Markets, Private Sector Engagement, and Finance teams as relevant.
- May directly manage supporting staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 6 to 8 years of experience in conservation and industry engagement. Advanced degree preferable but not required.
- Must have strong interpersonal relationship skills required to delegate tasks in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to build strategic and implement strategic workplans.
- Strong presentation and influence skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of fundraising, budgeting, and monitoring donor compliance
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to operate with independence, under pressure, to meet deadlines and commitments
- Ability to work on initiatives with multiple and competing priorities
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively as a team member with a wide range of individuals, possibly across cultures and time zones.
- Identifies and aligns with WWF’s core values: Courage, Integrity, Respect, and Collaboration:
- Demonstrates courage by speaking up even when it is difficult, or unpopular.
- Builds trust with colleagues by acting with integrity, owning mistakes, and holding oneself accountable.
- Welcomes other points of view and ideas, recognizing and embracing different and contrary perspectives with kindness, curiosity, and encouragement.
- Makes conscious efforts to promote cooperative practices, behaviors, and ways of working across many groups and individuals.
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #22083
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.