2ND Shift Supervisor - Bristol
Bristol Seafood is seeking a highly motivated Production Supervisor for our 2nd shift (3:30pm-2:00 am). Bristol is a fast-moving, innovative company with the most technologically-advanced seafood plant in New England.
Do you want to work in one of Maine’s most respected heritage industries, in a job where safety comes first, you are cared for and valued, the pay and benefits are competitive, and there is a clear path to leadership opportunities and career growth? Then join us at Bristol Seafood!
Bristol Seafood is on a mission to make seafood America’s favorite protein. We’re saving the planet and making people healthier by getting more fish on the tables of families across the US. At Bristol, you’ll take immense pride in the quality and craftsmanship of the food you produce for families across America. We are the only company in Maine that has received Fair Trade, Marine Stewardship Council and Global Food Safety certifications, demonstrating our dedication to our society, our environment and the safety of our employees and customers.
While working at Bristol you’ll be proud of the quality and craftmanship of the healthy food you are producing for families across the United States.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for supervising all aspects of the production operations to produce quality products while taking care of our people, ensuring the safe maintenance and operation of the plant.
- Leading the second shift of the production department, creating a great work environment and retaining employees, completion of all performance appraisals and documentation of personnel issues.
- Coordinate with Human Resources and the department staff to ensure all staff receives proper and necessary training, including onboarding and training across department lines.
- Set goals with team members, provide regular assessments and coordinate their training and development.
- Manage team performance to hold them accountable to all company standards in a fair and equitable manner.
- Assist the Quality Department in the maintenance of production and QC manuals and procedures throughout the plant.
- Works closely with operations team to coordinate production between shifts.
- Coordinate with the Warehouse and Logistics Departments to ensure smooth, timely product flow.
You will be a great fit if you:
- Have 3-5 years experience managing a production line, including both the process and people
- Love managing people, providing clear expectations, ongoing coaching and support, and creating a highly engaging environment for team members
- Take a huge amount of pride in running a line efficiently and effectively
- Are independent, take strong initiative, and a wonderful team player
- Have passion about process improvement and always getting better over time
- Training and extensive working knowledge of the principles and practices of HACCP, S.S.O.P and Good Manufacturing Procedures. Knowledge of OSHA regulations for safe operations.
The Production Supervisor works throughout the plant and office and would often spend over 75% of a work week in the production areas, These areas are 38 degrees F. Occasional lifting of items up 25 pounds.
Forward your resume to [email protected].