Marin Trust Auditor
Are you looking for an independent technical job with a lot of freedom? Are you curious by nature and do you want to continue your career in the fascinating food industry? Do you like visiting a great variety of customers within your country and/or abroad? Do you want to be part of an international renowned organization and enjoy developing yourself? And do you want to contribute to a safer world by sharing your knowledge with organizations? Then Lloyd´s Register is the right choice for you.
As a sub-contracted Marin Trust Factory Auditor at Lloyd´s Register you will as part of a team assess a variety of fisheries against the relevant Marin Trust Standard. Qualifications and/or experiences relevant to the Marin Trust programme are a must (see IFFO RS Approved Factory Auditor Appointment for more detail). You will act as an expert and examine the relevant components of clients’ fisheries against the standard across various global locations. You goal is to provide a robust, fair and impartial assessment of the client’s fishery, provide an excellent service to the client and be knowledgeable about the requirements of the accreditation.
The broadening and deepening of the collaboration with our clients is also a great aspect of your job. Based on your expertise you will contribute to the development of our services.
This is a challenging and diverse job where you will get to meet a lot of different people, varying clients, and meet interesting challenges in all aspects.
Job Requirements for Factory Auditor:
1. Formal Qualifications
- Post-high School Diploma At least a post-high school diploma or equivalent (minimum course duration of 2 years) must have been obtained in a discipline related to the scope of certification (Foodstuffs, logistics, transport and/or Agricultural/Aquacultural).
2. Technical Skills and Qualifications
Food Safety Training and Work Experience:
- Training in HACCP principles either as part of formal qualifications or by the successful completion of a formal course based on the principles of Codex Alimentarius.
- Successful completion of recognised training in auditing techniques based on Quality Management Systems or Food Safety Management Systems.
- 3 years overall experience in the feed/foodstuff sector in a relevant position e.g. Quality Assurance or Food Safety Function, Production and Quality.
- Knowledge and experience of mass balancing and traceability over the production run.
- Knowledge of where to find sources of information about which MSC Certified Fish can enter IFFO RS Chain of Custody, MSC Fishery Certificate Sharing Agreements and how this impacts the eligibility of MSC Certified Products.
Auditor Additional Training:
- Practical auditing experience of a minimum of 10 days in management systems (e.g. ISO 9000, ISO 14000, ISO 22000, OSHAS 18000), BRC Food, IFS Food, GMP+ or equivalent standards which include a significant component of traceability and Good Manufacturing Practices
3. Communication Skills
- “Working Language” Skills in the corresponding Native/Working Language. This must include the locally used Specialist Terminology in this Working Language
- Exceptions to this rule must be consulted and confirmed in writing beforehand with the Standard Owner
4. On-going Training
- The Assessor shall participate in IFFO RS Training conducted by the CB’s IFFO RS Approved Trainer and pass the written exam for each new Standard Version within 3 months after its release
- The CB shall nominate an already Qualified Inspector to witness (as a minimum) the Auditor conducting an IFFO RS Audit or for equivalent Standards which include a significant component of traceability no less than once every two years.
What does Lloyd’s Register offer?
- An interesting job in a very innovative, diversified and international work environment of the food industry, from small family owned businesses up to global acting companies
- The reputation and success story of a company that has been active in the market for more than 250 years
About Lloyd´s Register
The Lloyd’s Register Group (LR) is an independent risk management organization that helps to improve our clients’ quality, safety, environmental and business performance throughout the world. This is mirrored in our mission statement “working together for a safer world”.
LR is a global engineering, technical and business services organization and a maritime classification society, wholly owned by the Lloyd’s Register Foundation, a UK charity dedicated to research and education in science and engineering for the benefit of the community at large.
Our expertise and activities cover Marine, Energy (Oil, Gas, Chemicals and Power), Management Systems and other asset-intensive industries. This role is specific for LR Management Systems.
Are you interested in this opportunity? Then apply now via our careers page.