Seafood2030 Report, Volume 1 – Collaborative Business Strategies in Seafood
Seafood has followed other industries in using pre-competitive collaborations as platforms and drivers for innovation, with an estimated 250 companies participating in collaborations in the sector, such as the National Fisheries Institute’s (NFI) Crab Council, the Sustainable Fisheries Partnership, and the International Sustainable Seafood Foundation
These pre-competitive collaborations allow companies to drive change that would be impossible to affect individually. They also allow sectors to address production and supply chain barriers inhibiting business and market growth. And through growing comradery amongst themselves, collaborations are helping the global seafood industry create an emerging network, or “change system,” that is aiding in the development and adoption of innovation – a necessity to stay competitive in the global protein marketplace.
Drawing from experience and examples in seafood and other industries, this report is meant to help seafood companies take advantage of the pre-competitive collaboration business model.
With this report, you’ll gain:
- A foundational understanding of pre-competitive collaboration business strategies and how they are used in the industry;
- Support to better communicate with supply-chain partners and internal company departments about pre-competitive collaboration;
- Clarification of the value and ROI for company participation in collaborations;
- Better understanding of key elements to successful collaboration; and
- Information resources that can aid seafood companies’ efforts to innovate and collaborate.
This report builds on the overview of pre-competitive collaborations provided in this issue brief.
Document length: 41 pages. Available as a download only.