Cooke-owned Canadian seafood supplier AC Covert pivots to home delivery
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada-based AC Covert is rolling out new seafood boxes available for home delivery in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Prince Edward Island.
The seafood distribution company, which is owned by Cooke Inc., caters to retailers, restaurants, and the tourism and hospitality sectors, but has pivoted its sales focus due to the coronavirus pandemic.
“With the travel restrictions, we saw an opportunity to make it easier for people to buy seafood from our region,” Cooke Vice President of Public Relations Joel Richardson said. “We have been working hard to supply grocery stores, because in the Maritimes, seafood is a huge part of our culture, which brings comfort during challenging times. Our seafood boxes are an ideal care package to send to family or friends you haven’t seen for a while. As a local family company, it is important for us to conveniently provide people with the seafood they love so we can all support sea farmers and fishers.”
The nine pre-sorted boxes all include Cooke’s True North brand products, as well as other wild-caught and farmed seafood from Atlantic Canada. In addition, AC Covert is also offering customers the option to customize boxes, choosing from amongst a dozen fresh and frozen seafood products, through the company’s e-store.
The seafood boxes include the “Fin-tastic Fresh” box, which contains two pounds of fresh haddock fillets and two pounds of fresh Atlantic salmon fillets, and the “Slammin’ Salmon” box, which includes two four-ounce frozen Atlantic salmon portions, two six-ounce frozen trays of wild Alaska sockeye salmon, two four-ounce packages of cold-smoked Atlantic salmon, and a 16-ounce package of candied Atlantic salmon.
Other options include:
- “Oyster Odyssey; Pearls Optional” – an assortment of Village Bay, Chebooktook, and Beausoleil oysters.
- “East Coast Comfort Fish” – Haddock fillets, scallops, Icelandic cod fillets, and mussels.
- “Smoke From The Water” – A variety pack of smoked seafood including smoked mackerel fillets, smoked herring fillets, candied Atlantic salmon, cold smoked Atlantic salmon, and hot smoked salmon portions.
- “Single, Since You Can’t Mingle” – A variety pack of frozen seafood options including wild-caught Alaska sockeye salmon, cod, bay scallops, Atlantic salmon portions, and bacon-wrapped sea scallops.
- “Get Hooked On This Party Pack” – A box containing 25 to 30 servings of appetizers, including bacon-wrapped scallops, coconut shrimp, and Mediterranean and poquito sofrito salmon croquettes.
- “Have Your Cake And Eat It Too” – A box containing the ingredients to make fish cakes, including haddock bits, deep-sea red crab combo meat, and salmon and scallop pieces.
- “So-Fish-Ticated Dining” – A date-night offering that includes bacon-wrapped scallops, coconut shrimp, halibut fillets, and two lobsters.
The prepared boxes range in price from CAD 55.00 to CAD 125.00 (USD 39.90 to USD 90.67, EUR 36.83 to EUR 82.56) and overnight FedEx delivery is being offered to residents of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and PEI at a flat rate of CAD 9.99 (USD 7.25, EUR 6.60).
Photo courtesy of Cooke Inc.