Recipe challenge: Make seafood the star, with 5 ingredients or less
The Seafood Nutrition Partnership’s (SNP) 2016 Recipe Sweepstakes is officially underway in the United States, the non-profit announced on 15 August.
From now until 21 October, SNP will be encouraging Americans through the campaign to incorporate seafood into their regular meals at least twice a week, as is recommended by the 2015-2020 USDA Dietary Guidelines for Americans. The sweepstakes is designed to show consumers how easy, delicious, and nutritious fish and shellfish can be to add to weekly meals, said SNP, and is a part of the non-profit’s three-year Healthy Heart Pledge campaign, which seeks to educate the public about the benefits of eating seafood.
“We are excited to introduce this consumer education program to teach Americans about the critical importance seafood nutrition has in supporting heart and brain health,” said SNP Executive Director Linda Cornish, in a prepared statement.“This program not only highlights the health benefits seafood offers, but also how simple, easy and delicious it is to incorporate seafood at least twice a week into your regular meals.”
The sweepstakes challenges consumers to share photos of a seafood dish they’ve prepared that uses 5 ingredients or less (not including spices/garnishes) via social media outlets including Twitter and Instagram, tagging each picture with the hashtags #HealthyHeartPledge and #SNPSweepstakes. Ten winners will be randomly selected in congruence with the Sweepstakes Schedule, receiving USD 250 (EUR 223.52) gift cards for their entries.
SNP listed the following official instructions and rules for the contest:
- Share a photo of a seafood dish prepared using five (5) ingredients or less (not counting spices/garnishes) and list the ingredients or provide a link to a page, which includes a list of the ingredients, and, if possible, include the directions in the social post or via a link.
- Post to Twitter or Instagram using the hashtags #HealthyHeartPledge and #SNPSweepstakes.
- A total of ten winners will be randomly selected in accordance with the Sweepstakes Schedule to win a USD 250 gift card. People can submit one entry per day, and SNP will announce winners on http://www.SNPSweepstakes.com, and SNP’s Instagram and Twitter accounts.
- No purchase necessary. The sweepstakes ends on 21 October, 2016. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. and D.C., 18 and older. For Official Rules, including odds, and prize descriptions, visit http://www.SNPSweepstakes.com. Void where prohibited.
- By posting the #HealthyHeartPledge hashtag, you are taking SNP’s Healthy Heart Pledge. This means you recognize seafood is a healthy choice for you and your family and you’ll pledge to eat at least two servings of seafood each week and supplement with omega-3s. You can learn more about the Healthy Heart Pledge and sign up for our newsletter for information to help you eat more sustainable seafood on http://www.seafoodnutrition.org/healthy-heart-pledge.html