Seafood Excellence finalists announced
The 10 finalists of the Seafood Expo North America Seafood Excellence Awards new products competition were announced on Friday.
The finalists in the retail category are:
• The Santa Barbara Smokehouse Cambridge House Private Reserve Smoked Salmon with Truffle
• Aqua Star Harvest Grain Wild Alaskan Cod
• Uoriki Fresh Sushi At Home
• King & Prince Seafood Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Shrimp
• The MacKnight Food Group Capt. Jim’s Breakfast Sausage
• Gradient Aquaculture Pasta del MAR
The finalists in the foodservice category are:
• Phillips Foods'/SeaWings Cornetfish
• High Liner Foods’ Flame-Seared Guinness Barbeque Glazed Atlantic Salmon
• Freskot USA/Kontoveros SA Freskot Seafood Burgers
• Handy International Fiesta Chipotle Fish Cakes (pictured)
The winners will be announced during the show at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center on Sunday 16 March. Last year’s winners were Phillips Foods’ Culinary Crab in the foodservice category and Oven Smoked Salmon Stix from St. Mary’s River Smokehouses in the retail category.
The Seafood Excellence Awards serves as the North American extension of the Seafood Prix d’Elite new product competition at the Seafood Expo Global in Brussels, Belgium.
The Seafood Excellence Awards and Seafood Prix d’Elite are organized by Diversified Communications of Portland, Maine, which also runs the Seafood Expo Global, Seafood Expo North America, Seafood Expo Asia and Seafood Expo Southern Europe and publishes SeafoodSource.com and SeaFood Business magazine.