Gourmet tuna canner launches new yellowfin and albacore line
San Diego, California, U.S.A.-based premium seafood company Genova Seafood is launching a new line of yellowfin and albacore tuna products in convenient packaging, it announced on 7 November.
The products feature optimized, easy-open cans with pull-tab lids, and appeal to consumers’ growing demand for faster recipe preparation and enhanced portability.
“Discerning foodies are seeking high-protein, convenient products that also deliver on taste,” said Gautam Malla, senior brand manager of Genova Seafood, in a news release. “We’re thrilled to offer easy-open cans to allow time-crunched consumers to enjoy the decadent taste of Genova on-the-go.”
The products in the new Genova line include:
- Genova Yellowfin Tuna in Olive Oil in Easy Open Cans
- Genova Albacore Tuna in Olive Oil in Easy Open Cans
- Genova Yellowfin Tuna in Extra Virgin Olive Oil with Sea Salt in Easy Open Cans
- Genova Albacore Tuna in Olive Oil, Very Low Sodium in Easy Open Cans
The line will be available in most supermarkets across the United States including Clubs (Costco and BJs) and Walmart. Customers will be able to choose from 3- and 5-ounce individual cans, and 5- and 7-ounce quad packs.
In tandem with the release of the new line, Genova is also hosting what it calls an Easy Open Sweepstakes – from now until 26 November, 2016, consumers who tag #GenovaSeafoodSweeps on social media will have the opportunity to snag a weekly giveaway Mediterranean-themed gift basket from the company.
Genova also released a series of new recipes to accompany the launch of its new line, listed below:
- Deconstructed Tuna Caesar Salad – Toasted French baguette alongside plated romaine hearts topped with rich and flavorful Genova, egg, garlic and parmesan and chives is a new twist on traditional Caesar Salad.
- Tropical Tuna Lettuce Wraps –These lettuce wraps blend Genova tuna with mango, mint, walnuts and coconut flakes for a healthy bite of paradise.
- Tuna in Avocado with Red Onion – The savory taste of Genova tuna combined with Greek yogurt, lemon juice, coriander, red onion, cucumber and cilantro spooned generously into avocado halves creates a perfect low-carb lunch.
- Gourmet Tuna Nachos – Tortilla chips topped with Genova tuna, lemon, parsley, rosemary, parmesan cheese, diced tomato, green onion and mozzarella cheese delivers a fresh take on the ultimate game-day snack.