Road to Boston: Seafood Excellence finalists
The 10 finalists for the 2012 International Boston Seafood Show’s Seafood Excellence Awards new products competition were announced on Friday.
The winners of both the foodservice and retail categories will be announced on 11 March at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center.
The finalists in the foodservice category are:
• American Pride Seafoods’ Sweet Potato Crunch Nuggets
• Fishery Products International’s FPI® FireRoasters Bacon Bourbon BBQ Salmon
• Dish Hospitality’s Oriental Shrimp Nests
The finalists in the retail category are:
• Morey’s Seafood International’s Shrimp Creations Shrimp with Thai Curry Sauce
• Grieg Seafood Hjaltland UK’s WildWaters Gravadlax ‘Limoncello’
• Highland Farms Limited’s Salmon Mignon with a Green Tea & Ginger Glaze and an Aromatic Broth Mix
• Dish Hospitality’s International Shrimp S’cones — Creamy Tomato & Coconut Curry
• Slade Gorton’s Salmon Teriyaki Rice Bowl
• Calendar Islands Maine Lobster LLC-Calendar Islands’ Maine Lobster Paté Vol Au Vents
• Maristellas Fine Foods’ Wild Caught Shrimp Gumbo Pot Pie with Andouille and Madeira Wine
Last year’s winners were Dish Hospitality’s Prawn Lollipop in the foodservice category and St. James Smokehouse’s Scotch Reserved Smoked Salmon infused with Hendricks Scottish Gin and in the retail category. Both Dish Hospitality and St. James Smokehouse were recently featured on SeafoodSource.
Both competitions are organized by Diversified Business Communications of Portland, Maine, which produces the International Boston Seafood Show, European Seafood Exposition, Asian Seafood Exposition, Seafood Barcelona and publishes SeafoodSource.com and SeaFood Business magazine. The company also organizes the Seafood Prix d’Elite new products competition at the European Seafood Exposition in Brussels, Belgium.