Seafood Excellence finalists named
The 11 finalists of the International Boston Seafood Show’s Seafood Excellence Awards new product competition were announced on Tuesday.
The finalists are:
• Dish Hospitality Pvt. Ltd.’s Prawn Lollipop
• Fishery Products International’s FireRoasters Asian Barbecue Salmon
• Friolins America’s Pirarucu, the Cod of the Amazon
• Calendar Islands’ Maine Lobster Pizza
• Morey’s Seafood International’s Fish Creations Lemon Parmesan Steelhead
• Maristella’s Fine Foods’ Arborio Rice Arancini Wild Caught Shrimp with All Natural Pesto
• Phillips Foods’ Asiago and Artichoke Crab Flatbread
• Seafood Doctor’s Swai Burger
• Icelandic USA’s Haddock with Creamy Artichoke and Caper Sauce
• Scoma’s Restaurant Retail Foods’ San Francisco-Style Crab Cakes with Dungeness Crab
• St. James Smokehouse’s Scotch Reserved Smoked Salmon infused with Hendricks Scottish Gin and Tonic
The winners of the foodservice and retail categories will be announced at the International Boston Seafood Show at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center on 20 March. Last year’s winners were MacKnight Smoked Foods’ Smoked Salmon Bacon in the foodservice category and CFE International’s Cedar Bay Planked Salmon in Applewood Orange Ginger in the retail category.
The Seafood Excellence Awards serves as the North American extension of the Seafood Prix d’Elite new product competition at the European Seafood Exposition in Brussels, Belgium.
The Seafood Excellence Awards and Seafood Prix d’Elite are organized by Diversified Business Communications of Portland, Maine, which also runs the European Seafood Exposition, International Boston Seafood Show and Asian Seafood Exposition and publishes SeafoodSource.com and SeaFood Business magazine.