Symphony of Seafood contestants announced
Entries for the 19th annual Alaska Symphony of Seafood new products contest have been announced. The event is scheduled for 2 February in Seattle.
The 19 entries in the 2012 competition include:
• Wild Alaskan Salmon Cajun Rice Dressing by Louvier’s
• Pickled Willys Alaska Sockeye Salmon by Pickled Willys LLC
• Echo Falls Sockeye Salmon Pinwheels by Ocean Beauty Seafoods
• Trident Lemon Pepper Salmon by Trident Seafoods Corp.
• Pickled Willys Alaska Ling Cod by Pickled Willys LLC
• Tracy’s Alaskan King Carb Bisque by Tracy’s King Crab Shack
• Aqua Cuisine Naturally Smoked Salmon Frank by AquaCuisine
• Mediterranean Grain Alaska Pollock Portions by American Pride Seafoods
• Wild Alaskan Salmon Cajun Rice Dressing Croquette by Louvier’s
• Trident Cheddar Crumb Encrusted Pollock by Trident Seafoods Corp.
• Ivory King Salmon Sashimi by Triad Fisheries Ltd.
• Sweet Potato Crunch Alaska Pollock Sticks by American Pride Seafoods
• Pickled Willys Alaska King Crab by Pickled Willys LLC
• Old Style Smoked Yukon Keta by Kwik’pak Fisheries LLC
• Trident Wild Alaskan Smoked King Salmon; Troll-Caught; Cater-Cut by Trident Seafoods Corp.
• Garlic and Pepper Infused Smoked Yukon Keta by Kwik’pak Fisheries LLC
• Smoked Yukon Keta Candy by Kwik’pak Fisheries LLC
• Kylee’s Alaskan Salmon Bacon by Tustumena Smoke House
• Traditional Yukon Keta Strips by Kwik’pak Fisheries LLC
The event’s multiple locations give seafood promoters the opportunity to introduce new and innovative value-added seafood products from Alaska fisheries and gain exposure with industry and culinary experts, seafood distributors and national media. The overall goal is to inspire better use and innovation of Alaska’s natural seafood resources.
Entries will be individually evaluated on packaging and presentation, overall eating experience, price and potential for commercial success by a panel of expert judges. After the private judging session, chefs, manufacturers, buyers, sellers and media are invited to vote in their favorite product at the Seattle reception for the Seattle People’s Choice Award, to be announced in Seattle.
The overall grand prize, first, second and third place winners of each category are kept confidential until the gala in Anchorage, where the Anchorage People’s Choice Award will be announced. First place winners from each category receive complimentary booth space at the International Boston Seafood Show in March, as well as free airfare to and from the show.