People moves round-up: Soren Dalsager name Profand's US CEO; Atlantic Sapphire's Thue Holm steps down
January 12, 2023
To keep up to date with movement and job shifts across the seafood industry, SeafoodSource will be compiling a weekly round-up of the latest industry position-shift updates.
- On 1 December, Jon Pedersen left AKVA Group Land Based as its global head of engineering to join Pure Salmon Kaldnes as a part of its Aquaculture Competemce Center. “I think there is an exciting development in the industry right now, and I chose Pure Salmon Kaldnes because they are a dynamic company that dare to think new. It is really close to my heart to be involved in building an organization and structuring it in a targeted and efficient way, like I will here in Pure Salmon Kaldnes,” Petersen said in a statement.
- Soren Dalsager recently joined Grupo Profand as the new CEO of its USA entity. His new role will be to oversee all North American operations. Dalsager was twice CEO of Royal Greenland's U.S. subsidiary, including most recently and also from 1999 to 2008. He also served as the executive vice president of global sales for Regal Springs between 2008 and 2018. He became the chief commercial officer for Russian Fishery Company in December 2018, and then moved on to become the CEO of Pacific Rim Group in June 2019, serving in that position until May 2020, according to his LinkedIn profile.
- Atlantic Sapphire Co-Founder Thue Holm has announced he will be stepping down in January as chief technology officer, but remain an advisor with the company. Holm is moving back to Denmark, he wrote in a LinkedIn post. “Looking forward to an exciting 2023 and to be [being] able to spend more time with my family,” he said.
- Mowi Sales Executive Tore Holvik is leaving Mowi after almost eight years. He announced on his LinkedIn that he is looking for new career opportunities and is open to international positions.
- The British Columbia Salmon Farmers Association has named Brian Kingzett as new executive director. Kingzett, currently the association's director of science and policy, will replace John Paul Fraser. Ruth Salmon has served as interim executive director since Fraser left the association February 2022.
- Red Lobster’s Joe Zhou is leaving the company to join Slade Gorton after nearly 30 years. Zhou worked for the company’s purchasing and procurement and will join the chain’s vice president of strategic sourcing and supply.
Photo courtesy of Pure Salmon Kaldnes/Jon Pedersen