MSC Russia pollock decision expected next month
The independent adjudicator (IA) reviewing objections to the Marine Stewardship Council certification of Russia’s Sea of Okhotsk Pollock fishery will allow the conformance assessment body (CAB) Intertek Moody Marine, to submit its revised scoring rationale to peer review and comment, to address an objection filed by At-Sea Processors Association (APA) on the ground of procedural irregularity.
IA Michael Lodge, in a preliminary decision sent to the parties Wednesday, said once the procedural issue has been resolved, he will consider the other scoring issues raised by the objector related to Principle 1 and Principle 2 indicators.
The next steps going forward are:
• Peer review phase to be completed by 23 August 2013
• Revise scoring rationale and CAB to address peer review comments by 30 August 2013
• Objector review and comment by 6 September 2013
• Finalize scoring of PI 1.2.3 by 13 September 2013
• IA issues a decision within five working days after the submission of final scores on P1, 1.2.3.