First SNP Awards honor those boosting US seafood consumption
Arlington, Virginia, U.S.A.-based Seafood Nutrition Partnership is establishing the annual SNP Awards to honor those have demonstrated exceptional outreach and impact on increasing U.S. seafood consumption.
The SNP is accepting nominations through 30 June, 2019, and awardees will be announced on or around 5 August. The efforts of these individuals and organizations will be acknowledged formally at an awards dinner on 16 September, 2019, in advance of SNP’s State of the Science Symposium in Washington, D.C. on 17 September.
Nominations may be made for those who work in the seafood space and reside in the U.S. working in academia or government or at corporations, foundations, or not-for-profits. Five awards will be given in the following categories:
- Seafood Science Excellence - Human Health: A leader in seafood science in the area of human health and nutrition with a unique and impactful approach to increasing seafood consumption for Americans.
- Seafood Science Excellence - Planetary Health: A leader in seafood science in the areas of environmental sustainability, fisheries management, responsible aquaculture with a unique and impactful approach to ensuring a sustainable seafood supply for future generations.
- Seafood Industry Visionary: A leader within the seafood industry demonstrating the greatest amount of support in terms of breadth and depth for SNP and its mission from its inception.
- Seafood4Health Champion: An individual or organization that brings to life SNP’s mission of seafood for health through their work leveraging SNP resources and messages. The recipient brings SNP message to new audiences and has a long-term commitment to addressing the health of a community through seafood consumption, making it easier for Americans to eat more seafood.
- Seafood Communications Excellence: A communicator in the media or publishing who has translated the science of seafood accurately through communications that are approachable to the reader, encourages understanding of the benefits of consuming seafood, and has an impactful reach.
“To be considered for these accolades, individuals, teams and businesses within the seafood industry as well as those in retail, foodservice, public health, and communications sector must demonstrate support for the SNP movement and demonstrate exceptional outreach and impact with the collective goal of increasing consumption of seafood for the overall benefit of Americans,” SNP said.