11 finalists competing for 2023 Seafood Excellence Awards
Eleven finalists have been selected for the 2023 Seafood Excellence Awards, taking place at Seafood Expo North America/Seafood Processing North America on 12 March, and winners of the competition will be announced on the same day at 3:30 p.m.
The annual competition recognizes product leaders in North America, and the 11 finalists now go on to compete for two awards: Best New Foodservice Product and Best New Retail Product. The 2023 finalists were selected from a pool of 71 entries into the exposition’s New Product Showcase, by three seafood industry experts based on a number of criteria, including: uniqueness and appropriateness to the market, taste, packaging, nutritional value, originality, and more.
The 11 finalists will compete in live judging in the New Product Showcase booth at Seafood Expo North America, and all 71 new products submitted to the competition will be on display at the New Product Showcase.
The 2023 finalists in the foodservice category are:
- King & Prince Seafood - Honey Butter Biscuit Shrimp
- Multiexport Foods, Inc. - Frozen Atlantic Salmon, Trim D Fillet/Skin on Fillet, Certified Carbon-Neutral
- Netuno USA - Tambaqui Ribs
The 2023 finalists in the retail category are:
- Aquamar Seafood - Day’s Catch Fish Fillet Smoked Haddock
- Choice Canning Company, Inc. - Clam Bake
- East Coast Seafood - Snow Crab Hot Pot
- Peter Pan Seafood - Wild-Caught Alaska Sockeye Salmon with Kelp Chimichurri
- Secret Island - Smoked Coho Salmon Bacon
- Tai Foong USA - Shrimp Miso Ramen
- Thunder’s Catch - Wild Salmon Chowder
- Wholey Seafood - KLT Global - Shrimp au Gratin
The Seafood Excellence Awards is the North American extension of the Seafood Excellence Global Awards competition, held at Seafood Expo Global in Barcelona, Spain. Both competitions are organized by Diversified Communications, the producers of Seafood Expo North America/Seafood Processing North America, Seafood Expo Global/Seafood Processing Global, and Seafood Expo Asia in Singapore.
Diversified Communications is also the producer of SeafoodSource, the official media for Seafood Expo North America/Seafood Processing North America.