Fortune Fish & Gourmet parent company names 5 new owners
Fortune International, the parent company to Fortune Fish & Gourmet, announced five new company owners on 12 January.
Among the new partners are Danielle Charette (Vice President of Sales), Dominick Gattuso (Chief Financial Officer), Wally Lezniak (Vice President of Production), Mark Palicki (Vice President of Marketing) and Suad Tanovic (Vice President of Logistics and Inventory Control), who are being recognized for their “tireless contributions and dedication during the early years of building Fortune Fish & Gourmet,” said Sean J. O’Scannlain, President and CEO of Fortune International. Each of the new owners works out of the company’s corporate office in Bensenville, Illinois, serving all of Fortune International’s locations and subsidiaries in their day-to-day tasks.
“These new partnerships recognize the company’s most senior management team and acknowledge their hard work and commitment,” O'Scannlain said. “Each of these individuals brings unique talents to our business and I look forward to their sustained strong leadership as we continue to grow in the years ahead.”
The officers were officially made owners as of 1 January, 2017. Find out more about them in the brief descriptions below, provided by the company:
- Danielle Charette, Vice President of Sales – Charette is part of the founding team of Fortune Fish & Gourmet. She has played a critical role in Fortune’s tremendous growth as the Vice President of Sales. In addition to her sales role, Charette built Fortune’s unique, high-quality shellfish program and relentlessly searches for new and interesting varieties for their customers.
- Dominick Gattuso, Chief Financial Officer – Gattuso joined Fortune Fish & Gourmet as the CFO at its founding in 2001. He oversees the financial, information technology and human resources departments of the company. Gattuso has played a central role in creating the strong financial position Fortune has today.
- Wally Lezniak, Vice President of Production – Lezniak began his seafood career in 1977 at Pentecost Seafood and worked with O’Scannlain at Chicago Fish House and Plitt Seafood prior to launching Fortune Fish & Gourmet with him in 2001. Wally’s accomplished career is defined by strict attention to detail for high quality fish and customer service. Lezniak was born in Tarnow, Poland and migrated to Chicago with his sister and mother at the age of six.
- Mark Palicki, Vice President of Marketing – Palicki joined Fortune Fish & Gourmet in 2006 to build a comprehensive marketing plan for the company. Through his leadership and direction, Fortune has a nationally recognized seafood sustainability and marketing program. Palicki has also developed several successful private labels for the company and leads their plant improvement and design projects.
- Suad Tanovic, Vice President of Logistics and Inventory – Tanovic migrated to the United States from Bosnia, where he began working as a delivery driver and receiver at Plitt Seafood. He then joined O’Scannlain at the inception of Fortune Fish & Gourmet as the Frozen Buyer and Inventory Manager. Today, Tanovic oversees Fortune’s extensive, rapidly changing inventory and manages Fortune’s fleet of delivery vehicles.