GlobalGAP names new board
GlobalGAP members have selected 10 retail, foodservice, producer and supplier representatives to serve on the organization’s board for the 2013 to 2017 term.
The new board members include:
• Guy Callebaut, Association of Belgian Horticultural Cooperatives, Belgium
• Martin Hofstede, CLAMA GmbH & CO. KG, Germany
• Mari Carmen Morales Abad, Anecoop S. Coop., Spain
• Bert Urlings, Vion Food Group, The Netherlands
• Richard Yudin, Fyffes, Ireland/USA
• Jim Jefcoate, IPL / ASDA / Walmart, U.K./U.S.
• Dr. Horst Lang, Globus Warenhaus Holding GmbH & CO. KG, Germany
• Leon Mol, Royal Ahold, The Netherlands
• Hugh Mowat, Morrisons Supermarket PLC, U.K.
• Zhiqiang (David) Zhang, Buyers Council, China
“We are pleased with the good participation of our members in the election. I am looking forward to continue working with the new board to establish GlobalGAP as the preferred solution for farm assurance worldwide,” said Kristian Moeller, GlobalGAP director. “The new board will address some key areas that have been raised by the current Board, such as chain of custody/traceability and non-food safety issues that need to be strengthened in the GAP audit.”