Expo hacks: Tips and tricks for the SENA17 mobile app
This week, Boston serves as a temporary home to the most seafood business leaders and buyers in the 37-year history of Seafood Expo North America, North America’s largest seafood exposition event.
With this year’s exposition metrics surpassing those seen in 2016, when more than 1,200 companies exhibited across 225,000 square feet of exhibit space, attendees have a lot of ground to cover. If you’re feeling like you need some help with navigation but can’t get Siri to give you directions, fortunately, the expo introduced an app to help get you where you need to go.
The Seafood Expo mobile app, designed by SENA organizer Diversified Communications, with the help of app producer Eventbase Technology, is available free for visitors and can help address the following expo tasks:
• Search exhibitor lists, which include correlating booth numbers and locations
• Search SENA ‘Featured Products’ and ‘Featured Exhibitors’
• Bookmark and peruse the expo’s special events including the Seafood Excellence Awards and the 11th Annual Oyster Shucking Competition
• Access a map of the show floor as well as the city of Boston
• Connect to social media and share booth visits with online friends and business associates
• Consult basic SENA info, including show hours, news, FAQs, security updates and more
Both Apple and Android mobile device users can access and download the app on either iTunes or Google Play by searching “Seafood Expo” or “Seafood Expo North America.”
Attendees searching for a specific company can use the ‘Exhibitors’ and the ‘Featured Exhibitors’ tab located to the left of the screen when the app is launched (Exhibit A). Tapping on the exhibitor’s entry and then their booth number will provide you with directions and relevant contact information as well as a business description (Exhibit B).
Add all the companies you intend to visit to your ‘Favorites’ tabs to access the information quickly while on the go (Exhibit C). If you’re a little lost, go to the ‘Maps’ tab to see an overview of the expo area (Exhibit D). Select the ‘Area Select’ tab for interactive and PDF maps of each hall. The ‘Expo Info’ tab, located at the bottom of the left hand sidebar (Exhibit E), has information regarding important locations, public transportation, hotel and travel, security updates, expo hours and more.
If you need further assistance downloading and adding the app, stop by the Registration Area at the BCEC for help.