12 finalists revealed for the 2018 Seafood Excellence Awards
Twelve finalists have been chosen to compete in this year’s Seafood Excellence Awards, to be held at the Seafood Expo North America (SENA) event in Boston 11 to 13 March.
The 2018 Seafood Excellence Awards finalists will compete in two award categories: Best New Foodservice Product and Best New Retail Product. The winners of the Seafood Excellence Awards will be announced at 3 p.m. in the Demonstration Theater on Sunday, 11 March.
The finalists were selected by industry experts, who evaluated each product on the grounds of uniqueness and appropriateness to the market, taste profile, packaging, market potential, convenience, nutritional value and originality.
In the best new foodservice category, the finalists are:
- Australis Aquaculture - Australis Barramundi Hand-Cut Taco Strips
- Azuma Foods International Inc., U.S.A. - Lobster Roe Paste
- Thai Union/Chicken of the Sea - Yellowfin Tuna Slices
- Trident Seafoods - Hot & Spicy Alaskan Pollock Fish Sandwich
In the best new retail product category, the finalists are:
- Acme Smoked Fish Corp. - Blue Hill Bay Smoked Fish Poke Bowl
- Cedar Bay Grilling Company - Sous Chef Kits, Shrimp Pho Bowl
- Cozy Harbor Seafood Inc. - "Lobster Tonight" Lobster Slider Chef's Kit
- Handy Seafood Incorporated - Shrimp Power Bites
- Iceland´s Finest - Creamy Masago Bites
- Kitchens Seafood Kitchens - Seafood Shoreline Feast
- MacKnight Smoke House - MacKnight Salmon Crackle - Salt & Vinegar Flavor
- Trident Seafoods - Wild Caught Alaskan Pollock Skillet Cuts
The Seafood Excellence Awards are a North American extension of the Seafood Excellence Global Awards competition, held at Seafood Expo Global in Brussels, Belgium. Both awards programs and ceremonies are organized by Diversified Communications, the event organizer behind Seafood Expo North America/Seafood Processing North America, Seafood Expo Global/Seafood Processing Global and Seafood Expo Asia. Diversified is also the producer of SeafoodSource, the official media for Seafood Expo North America and Seafood Processing North America.