Tom Sunderland joins GSA, Carey Dougherty named East Coast's national sales manager
To keep up to date with movement and job shifts across the seafood industry, SeafoodSource is compiling a weekly round-up of the latest industry position-shift updates.
- Seattle, Washington, U.S.A.-based OBI Seafoods announced the promotion of John Daly to its newly created position of vice president of sales and marketing. “John has excelled in his role in canned sales for OBI, and we’ve been incredibly pleased with the results of his hard work,” OBI Seafoods CEO Mark Palmer said in a press release. “As OBI continues to grow in the global market, we look forward to seeing John take on this new role, developing marketing programs that will offer great value to our sales and customers.”
- Alaska seafood-industry veteran Tom Sunderland has announced on his LinkedIn he will be the new senior director of market development for the Americas and EMAS for the Global Seafood Alliance. His new role was announced the same day GSA released its collaboration agreement with Alaska’s Responsible Fisheries Management seafood certification.
-Joanne Gibbons has been promoted to be Nuuk, Greenland-based Royal Greenland’s North America lead for market in activities for sales, marketing, and supply chain out of its Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.A-based office. The coldwater shrimp and halibut supplier announced the promotion on 8 March. Gibbons brings more than 20 years of experience in the global seafood industry, and will work towards strengthening Royal Greenland’s growth in the U.S. and Canada.
- New Bedford, Massachusetts, U.S.A.-based East Coat Seafood has appointed Carey Dougherty as its new senior national sales manager. According to her LinkedIn, she began the role in March 2023, and previously worked at Handy Seafood for 3 years and ten months.
- Allan Jensen left his position at Greenland Seafood to become the new CEO at Cuxhaven, Germany-based grocery retailer, Appel-Feinkost Gmbh &Co.KG. According to his LinkedIn, Jensen was with Greenland Seafood for seven years, acting as its managing director the past year and three months.
- After almost 20 years, Cedicio Torres left his position as the corporate sales director at Trofa, Braga, Portugal-based seafood firm Brasmar and is the new meat and fish sales director with Braga-based Bracar, a food and beverage manufacturing company. According to his LinkedIn, he started at Bracar in January 2023.
Photo courtesy of OBI Seafoods