Red Lobster denies closing rumors

By

SeafoodSource staff

Published on
December 31, 2013

The Red Lobster restaurant chain today brushed aside reports that it will be closing its doors.

Rich Jeffers, a spokesman for Darden Restaurants Inc., which owns the chain, said the rumor may have started after the website LA Weekly published a story earlier this week that the company faced an “uncertain future.” A torrent of tweets and other online media followed with reports that the chain was closing.

“We are not closing any restaurants,” Jeffers told ABCNews.com on Friday.

The confusion may also be linked to Darden’s announcement last week that it plans to sell or spin off the Red Lobster chain into a separate company.

Click here to read the full story from ABC News >

Want seafood news sent to your inbox?

You may unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time. Diversified Communications | 121 Free Street, Portland, ME 04101 | +1 207-842-5500