Seafood Excellence finalists announced
The 10 finalists of the International Boston Seafood Show’s (IBSS) Seafood Excellence Awards new products competition were announced on Tuesday.
The finalists in the retail category are:
• Gulf Pride Select Shrimp Entrees
• Simple Salmon Salmon Chorizo Sausage
• St. Mary’s River Smokehouse Oven Smoked Salmon Sticks
• The Saucy Fish Co. Salmon Fillets with a Chilli Lime and Ginger Dressing
• Acme Smoked Fish Wild Smoked Salmon Crepes
The finalists in the foodservice category are:
• Phillips Foods' Culinary Jumbo Lump and Culinary Super Lump Crab Meat
• King & Prince Seafood Sushi Bob
• Handy International Shrimp & Grits Cakes
• High Liner Foods South Paws Hush Puppy Coated Flounder
• Soho Foods Super Frozen Tuna
The winners will be announced during IBSS at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center on Sunday 10 March. Last year’s winners were Dish Hospitality’s Oriental Shrimp Nest in the foodservice category and WildWaters Gravadlax Limoncello from Grieg Seafood Hjaltland in the retail category.
The Seafood Excellence Awards serves as the North American extension of the Seafood Prix d’Elite new product competition at the European Seafood Exposition in Brussels, Belgium.
The Seafood Excellence Awards and Seafood Prix d’Elite are organized by Diversified Business Communications of Portland, Maine, which also runs the European Seafood Exposition, International Boston Seafood Show and Asian Seafood Exposition and publishes SeafoodSource.com and SeaFood Business magazine.