Finalists for the 2022 Seafood Excellence Global Awards announced
Thirty-eight finalists from 13 countries will compete in the 2022 Seafood Excellence Global awards competition, set to take place during Seafood Expo Global/Seafood Processing Global in Barcelona, Spain, from 26 to 28 April, event organizer Diversified Communications announced on 6 April.
The annual product competition seeks to highlight and recognize the best seafood offerings featured at the exposition. Two grand prizes will be awarded for the Best Retail Product and the Best Hotel/Restaurant/Catering (HORECA) Product at the expo, with an additional five special awards presented for innovation, convenience, health and nutrition, retail packaging, and seafood product line.
All seafood products entered into the competition, including the 38 finalists, will be on display during the three-day exposition in the Galleria, between halls 4 and 5, in the Fira de Barcelona’s Gran Via venue, where the 28th edition of Seafood Expo Global/Seafood Processing Global will take place.
The winners will be announced at an awards ceremony and reception on 26 April, 2022, in CC5, room 5.1 from 19:15 until 21:00 at the Fira de Barcelona’s Gran Via venue.
The six products finalists in the HORECA category and the 32 products in the retail category are:
- Balfegó Bluefin Tuna Loin from Balfego & Balfego, SL – Spain (HORECA)
- Caviar Cigar from Caviar Import S.R.L. – Italy (HORECA)
- Frozen Takoyaki from Freshpack – France (HORECA)
- Onigiri Shrimp Mayonnaise from Freshpack - France (HORECA)
- Seaweed Spread - Yuzu & Ginger from GlobeXplore – France (HORECA)
- Tartan Salmon Label Rouge Fresh Scottish Salmon Fillet from The Scottish Salmon Company – UK (HORECA)
- Nowtural - Hake, Wakame & Shiitake Burger from Congalsa SL – Spain (Retail)
- Nowtural - Hake with Sweet Potato, Mushrooms, Asparagus and Green Mojo Sauce from Congalsa SL – Spain (Retail)
- Dolores Tuna Chilorio from Frime S.A.U – Spain (Retail)
- Dolores Tuna with Quinoa and Cranberry from Frime S.A.U – Spain (Retail)
- Frozen Marinated Yellowfin Tuna Tataki Block from Frime S.A.U – Spain (Retail)
- Frozen Marinated Yellowfin Tuna Cubes from Frime S.A.U – Spain (Retail)
- Frozen Yellowfin Tuna Burger from Frime S.A.U – Spain (Retail)
- Hot Butter Calamari Burger from Global Seafoods [PVT] LTD – Sri Lanka (Retail)
- Donegal Catch Craft Cider Battered Atlantic Haddock Fillets from Green Isle Seafood, part of Origin Green Ireland stand – Ireland (Retail)
- Flamed Salmon Burger from Hatala Oy – Finland (Retail)
- Flamed Salmon Rum and Maple Syrup from Hatala Oy – Finland (Retail)
- Smoked Wild-Caught Bluefin Tuna Carpaccio from JC Mackintosh – Spain (Retail)
- Bangkok - Fresh Sauce with Lemongrass & Ginger from Krijn Verwijs Yerseke B.V. – Netherlands (Retail)
- Pink Shrimp & Crab Burger from Medipesca – Tunisia (Retail)
- Fritto Misto/Mixed Fried Seafood from Medusa - Cesare Regnoli & Figlio SRL – Italy (Retail)
- The Captain's Cut Simply Delicious Smoked Haddock from MerAlliance – France (Retail)
- Prepared Seafood Soup from Pescanova España – Spain (Retail)
- P'tits Duos - Cabillaud & Patate Douce from Pescanova España – Spain (Retail)
- RECETTE PRESTO pour Risotto aux Fruits de Mer from Pescanova España – Spain (Retail)
- RECETTE PRESTO Curry de Crevettes from Pescanova España – Spain (Retail)
- Salmon Noodles from Pescanova España – Spain (Retail)
- Turbot with Vegetables from Pescanova España – Spain (Retail)
- Tuna with Arrabiata Sauce from Salica Industria Alimentaria S.A – Spain (Retail)
- SALMA Burger Pepper & Lime from Salmon Brands AS – Norway (Retail)
- Squid Cutlet with Carrot-Ginger Puree and Vegetable Selection¬ from Sia Sudrablinis – Latvia (Retail)
- Snack a Fish with Olives and Dried Tomato from Tenax Sild A/S –Denmark (Retail)
- Native Hebridean Smoked Scottish Salmon from The Scottish Salmon Company – UK (Retail)
- Shrimp Seafood Burgers from Van Duc Tien Giang Food Export Company – Vietnam (Retail)
- Mango Breaded Fish from Van Duc Tien Giang Food Export Company – Vietnam (Retail)
- Astro Snack - Lyophized Surimi Selection from Viciunai Group – Spain (Retail)
- Dumplings with Salmon and Seaweed "MI DORI" from Viciunai Group – Spain (Retail)
- Hot Smoke Salmon Sticks with Oat Flakes, Amaranth Seed and Goji Berry from Viciunai Group – Spain (Retail)
“With thousands of companies represented at Seafood Expo Global/Seafood Processing Global and 81 product applications, to be selected as a finalist of the Seafood Excellence Global Awards competition is a notable achievement,” Diversified said in a press release.
SeafoodSource, which is owned and operated by Diversified Communications, is the official media for Seafood Expo Global and Seafood Processing Global. SeafoodSource’s editorial staff will provide coverage of the Seafood Excellence Awards ceremony and announcement of the winners.