FPI recipe contestants get fired up
Fishery Products International on Tuesday announced the winners of its 2011 Fire Up Your Menu Recipe Challenge.
The competition among the company’s broker network to create recipes complementing FPI’s FireRoasters line of flame-seared fish fillets received hundreds of submissions from chefs, with one winner chosen for each of the six flavor profiles in the line.
Each recipe was judged on creativity, marketability, use of other represented brands and products, and overall presentation appeal. Each recipe winner will receive a hand-picked selection of culinary tools, plating utensils and Global brand cutlery.
The challenge winners are:
• Scott Krimmer of M.V.P. in Wisconsin for his Applewood Seared Salmon with Barbequed Pasta using FPI’s Smoky Applewood Salmon
• Lawrence Parks of Venture CDC Sales Group for his Banana Leaf Steamed Barbeque Salmon using FPI’s Asian Barbeque Salmon
• The culinary team at M.V.P. in Ohio for its Rustic Ruscan Cod Stew using FPI’s Rustic Italian Cod
• Scott Bechthold of Dougherty Brokerage Co. of Iowa for his Southwest Cod Loin Ceviche with Avocados Mexicanos using FPI’s Southwest Style Cod
• Steve Hermosura of Market Access for his Saigon Tilapia Sub using FPI’s Citrus Peppercorn Tilapia
• David Carey of Venture CDC Sales Group for his Spicy Thai Fish Potage using FPI’s Thai Basil Tilapia
“We received many outstanding recipe submissions to complement the unique and innovative flavor profiles of the FireRoasters line, which offers a deliciously seasoned, flame-seared seafood option to foodservice operators,” said Owen Tilley, FPI executive chef. “These recipes will be used by FPI’s brokers as part of a recipe guide as they offer bundled product lines to operators and distributors.”
Check out the SeafoodSource interview with Rick Spalding, FPI’s director of foodservice marketing, about the launch of the company’s FireRoasters line.