Seafood Expo Asia’s featured products list announced
Seafood buyers searching for innovative new products as part of the featured product showcase at Seafood Expo Asia, taking place this week in Hong Kong.
This year’s exposition, taking place at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Center from 5 to 7 September, will feature more than 230 exhibiting companies from 31 countries. Thirty-four featured products have been chosen for special mention and display at the expo. Among them are:
- Cultimer France, Krystale Oysters (France)
- Geraldton Fishermen’s Co-operative, Western Rock Lobster (Australia)
- South Stream Seafoods Ltd., New Zealand King Salmon (Hong Kong)
- Fast Trade Soft Shell Crab (Japan); Conarpesa S.A., Cornapesa Shrimp 2K Box (Argentina)
- Fishance Berhad, Leopard Coral Grouper (Malaysia)
- Marine Produce Australia, Cone Bay Ocean Barramundi (Australia)
- Qingdao TM Foods Co., Ltd, Tempura Pollock Fish Fillet (China)
- Vega Salmon A/S, Handsalted Traditional Smoked Salmon (Denmark)
- Yens & Friends Enterprises Co., Ltd, Frozen Crawfish Salad (Taiwan)
- Reykjavik Seafood, Atlantic Cod Fish Maw (Iceland)
- Ocean Harvest Frozen Food, Ltd., Canned Crab Meat (Hong Kong)
- KLG Fine Food Company Limited, Natural Frozen Tiger Prawn Meat (Hong Kong).
A popular attraction at past expos, the newly designed product showcase at the 2017 Seafood Expo Asia will present exhibitor products in an open and engaging market-style setting, according to event director Iris Kwan.
“Industry buyers looking to expand and refresh their lines of seafood offerings can be inspired by new to market products, best sellers and the hottest trends from quality international suppliers, all in one convenient location,” she said. “In a post-event survey following our 2016 edition, 71 percent of visitors expressed that they had successfully identified new products and suppliers at Seafood Expo Asia.”
Event organizer Diversified Communications expects thousands of international visitors to attend this year’s expo, including seafood retailers, importers, caterers, wholesalers, distributors, restauranteurs, hoteliers, and chefs.
The expo will feature new participating countries from Djibouti, Dutch Caribbean, Falkland Islands, Morocco, Iceland, Mexico, Denmark and the Maldives. Seafood Expo Asia will also welcome a total of 21 regional and national pavilions, including exhibits from Spain, France, South Korea, China and the Maldives, each showcasing their own produce to the seafood community.
“Seafood Expo Asia is the go-to event for industry buyers to source the products that they need to keep up-to-date with market trends and demands,” Kwan said. “Given the favorable growth forecasts for Asia, increasing numbers of both buyers and suppliers are choosing Seafood Expo Asia as their primary trading platform for the Asian region.”