40 finalists in the running to win Seafood Excellence Global awards
Forty finalists from 17 countries around the world have been selected to contend for top honors in the upcoming Seafood Excellence Global awards competition, scheduled to take place next month during the 2018 Seafood Expo Global / Seafood Processing Global industry trade event in Brussels, Belgium.
The competition will feature and recognize the best seafood products represented at the three-day seafood exposition, to be held from 24 to 26 April, according to event organizer Diversified Communications. Two grand prizes will be awarded for the Best Retail Product and the Best Hotel/Restaurant/Catering (HORECA) Product, and five special awards will be presented for innovation, convenience, health and nutrition, retail packaging, and seafood product line, Diversified said.
All competition entries will be on display within the exposition itself at stand P-4619 on the BRUSSELS EXPO Patio, and winners will be announced on Tuesday, 24 April, during a special reception – open to all expo visitors and exhibitors – in Auditorium 2000 from 6:15 to 8 p.m.
Of the finalists, 10 are in competition for the Best HORECA Product, including:
- Griller, Global Seafoods [PVT] LTD, Sri Lanka
- Crispy Battered Soft Shell Crab, Golden Fresh SDN BHD, Malaysia
- Prawn Kiev, Golden Fresh SDN BHD, Malaysia
- Diamond-Cut Barramundi, Golden Fresh SDN BHD, Malaysia
- Prawn Trio, Golden Fresh SDN BHD, Malaysia
- White Smoked Haddock, J.C. DAVID, France
- Sashimi Grade Cobia Fillet, Open Blue Cobia, Canada
- Nutaaq Cod, Royal Greenland A/S, Denmark
- Tuna Fishballs in Spanish Sauce, Salica Alimentos Congelados, Spain
- Yellowfin Tuna Slices, Thai Union PCL, Thailand
In the Best Retail Product division, 30 products are competing for the grand prize. They are:
- Bacon-Wrapped Scallops, Clearwater Seafoods Europe, United Kingdom
- Trout Liver Pâté, Disas Caviar Oy, Ltd., Finland
- "Scottish Grizzly Beard" Beer-Marinated Salmon, E. Fournier & Fils, France
- Traditionally Smoked MSC Herring Fillets - Label Rouge, E. Fournier & Fils, France
- Spezzatino di Tonno, Fiorital spa, Italy
- Smoked Deboned Milkfish, Fisherfarms, Inc., Philippines
- All Natural Sausages - Sampler Pack, Fisherfarms, Inc., Philippines
- Frozen Spirulina Pearls, Globe Export, France
- Gourmet Fillet - Pumpkin, Tomato & Ginger, Greenland Seafood Europe GmbH, Germany
- Smoked Salmon Hung on a String, Guyader Gastronomie, France
- Lacquered Salmon, Guyader Gastronomie, France
- Flamed Salmon Roses, Hätälä Oy, Finland
- Umami Sauce Duo, iASC Atlantic Seafood Company Ireland Limited/Keohane, Ireland
- Creamy Masago Bites, Iceland´s Finest, Iceland
- Crunchy Caviar Bites, Iceland´s Finest, Iceland
- Rich Langoustine Soup, Iceland´s Finest, Iceland
- Lappi Gravlax, Kala-Lappi Oy, Finland
- Poke Bowl – Saumon, Labeyrie Fine Foods, France
- Poke Bowl – Shrimp, Labeyrie Fine Foods, France
- Christmas Smoked Salmon, Labeyrie Fine Foods, France
- Poke, Lerøy Seafood As, Norway
- Topped Salmon Tournedos – Nordic, Marine Harvest Pieters, Belgium
- Crunchy Hake Snacks, Nueva Pescanova S. L., Spain
- Crunchy Prawn Lollipops, Nueva Pescanova S.L., Spain
- Prawn Carpaccio, Nueva Pescanova S.L., Spain
- Crab Bisque & Sauce, Sogelco International, Inc., Canada
- Lobster Roll, Sogelco International, Inc., Canada
- Surimi Lasagne Sheets, Viciunai Group, Belgium
- Salm'ON & Man'GO, Viciunai Group, Belgium
- Panga Onigiri, Vinh Hoan Corporation, Vietnam
Finalists were selected from a product application pool of 78.
“To be chosen as a winner or selected as a finalist of the Seafood Excellence Global Awards competition is a notable achievement,” Diversified said in its release.
All 78 products entered into the competition will be highlighted at the product showcase on the Patio, at stand P-4619, during the entirety of SEG18 and SPG18. More information about the competition can be found on the official event website, www.seafoodexpo.com/global/seafood-excellence-global-showcase.