Finalists announced for 2023 Seafood Excellence Global Awards
A total of 39 finalists from 16 countries will compete in the 2023 Seafood Excellence Global awards competition, set to take place during the upcoming Seafood Expo Global/Seafood Processing Global in Barcelona, Spain – running from 25 to 27 April – event organizer Diversified Communications announced.
The competition, the organizer said, features and recognizes the best seafood products being represented at the exposition. Two grand prizes will be awarded for the Best Retail Product and the Best Hotel/Restaurant/Catering (HORECA) product, and an additional five special awards will be given to products for innovation, convenience, health and nutrition, retail packaging, and seafood product line.
The seafood products entered into the competition will be on display throughout the three-day event at the Seafood Excellence Global stand in the Galleria section of the expo, located between halls 4 and 5 in the Fira de Barcelona Gran Via venue. The products are also on display on the Seafood Expo Global/Seafood Processing Global website.
The winners will be announced on 25 April in CC5, room 5.1, from 18:15 until 20:00.
The product finalists in the HORECA category are:
- AMfish BV - Crushi Crunchy Sushi (Netherlands)
- Clearwater Seafoods & Macduff Shellfish - Premium Wild-Caught Whole Hebridean Langoustines (United Kingdom)
- Freshpack - Breaded Coconut Shrimp (France)
- Golden Fresh Sdn Bhd - Flaming Trio Squid Tenders (Malaysia)
- Golden Fresh Sdn Bhd - Katsu Fish Portion (Malaysia)
- Good Fish Processing - IVP Cooked Lemon & Pepper Salmon (Ireland)
- Multi X - Frozen Atlantic Salmon - Certified Carbon Neutral (Chile)
- Navarre - La Gamén (France)
- Unima Distribution - Raw Frozen Body-Peeled Madagascar Shrimp -- Organic & Label Rouge (France)
- Van Duc Tien Giang Food Export Company – Fiskate (Vietnam)
- Vičiūnai Group - Pink Salmon and Sun-Dried Tomato Butter & Mackerel and Truffle Butter (Spain)
The product finalists for the retail category are:
- Arbi Dario S.p.A - Octopus Ragu (Italy)
- Boreal Artik - Pintxo del Cantábrico (Spain)
- East Coast Seafood Group - Snow Crab Roll Kit with Creamy Garlic Chive Sauce (USA)
- East Coast Seafood Group - Sole with Snow Crab Stuffing (USA)
- Escal SA - Frutti di Mare all'Olio (France)
- Fisher Farms Inc. - Fisherfarms Corn & Coconut Breaded Shrimp (Philippines)
- Golden Fresh Sdn Bhd - Singapore-Style Chili Crab (Malaysia)
- Golden Fresh Sdn Bhd - Skewered Fish With Satay Sauce (Malaysia)
- Hätälä Oy - Lachs Chips / Salmon Kebab (Finland)
- Hätälä Oy - Nordic Salmon Burger (Finland)
- ICECO Fish - ZIGMAS Hot Smoked European Eel in Soy-Ginger Sauce (Lithuania)
- Kalaneuvos Oy - TERVA Cold-Smoked Trout (Finland)
- Naera Icelandic Snacks - Næra Fish Jerky - Crunch-Cheesy Chili (Iceland)
- Noray Seafood SL - Noray Headless Raw Shrimp (Spain)
- Nueva Pescanova Group - Cod Migas (Spain)
- Vega Salmon A/S - Cold Smoked Salmon - Sustainable Packaging (Denmark)
- Vega Salmon A/S - The Salmon Chef - Kentucky Bourbon Barbeque (Denmark)
- Vega Salmon A/S - The Salmon Chef - Thai Sweet Chili (Denmark)
- Vičiūnai Group - Black Sepia Dumplings with Shrimp and Thai Broth Filling (Spain)
- Vičiūnai Group - Bon Bon Breaded Fish Bites (Spain)
- Vičiūnai Group - Shaped Hot Smoked Salmon Fillet with Cheese and Pine Nuts "Kinziukas" (Spain)
- Vičiūnai Group - Surimi Octopus Chunks (Spain)
- Vičiūnai Group - Surimi Seafood Mix (Spain)
- Vilsund Blue - Moules Frites Mussel Soup (Denmark)
- Vilsund Blue - Thai Green Curry Mussel Soup (Denmark)
- Vinh Hoan Corporation - Coconut Panga (Vietnam)
“With thousands of companies represented at Seafood Expo Global/Seafood Processing Global and 77 product applications, to be selected as a finalist of the Seafood Excellence Global Awards competition is a notable achievement,” Diversified said in a press release.
SeafoodSource, which is owned and operated by Diversified Communications, is the official media for Seafood Expo Global and Seafood Processing Global. SeafoodSource’s editorial staff will provide coverage of the Seafood Excellence Awards ceremony and announcement of the winners.
Photo courtesy of Diversified Communications